Skip to content
- Insurance Supervision Agency (ISA) and the Association of Financial Organizations of the Economic Chamber of Macedonia will organize a 2 day programming contest called “InsurHack Skopje”.
- Participation in InsurHack Skopje is subject to the terms and conditions set out in this document, which all participants have accepted when submitting their applications, as well as authorizing the organizers to process personal data and use video and other images created during at the event. Only undergraduate and postgraduate students are eligible to participate in this competition. Participants who fail to comply with the terms of these Terms will be removed from the event, as well as those who obstruct and / or attempt to compromise the proper functioning of the trial or outcome of the event as a whole through fraudulent or otherwise prohibited conduct. The organizers are not responsible for any losses or damages that InsurHack Skopje participants will incur, except in the event of negligence. These conditions apply exclusively to the participants of the Insurhack Competition, which will be held at the premises of the Economic Chamber of Macedonia from 28th and 29th September 2019.
- Intellectual property remains with the participants. Participants agree that they will work on developing their own solutions / prototypes during Insurhack and that such solutions may be similar or identical in theme, idea, format or other to others developed on this Insurhack.
- Participants guarantee that
(i) The prototype is their original work and was developed and first presented by them during this InsurHack Skopje competition. Use of existing tools and upgrades is allowed.
(ii) the prototype does not infringe or infringe the intellectual property, proprietary or other rights of any third party
(iii) the participants clearly identify the rights of third parties as well as the applicable license terms and other details relating to their use.
(iv) own and control all rights necessary to transfer the intellectual property of the prototype from the application irrevocably and without limitation to the organizers
(v) posting the application through various media, including web publishing and social media, will not infringe the rights of third parties.
- Insurhack will have a winning idea and its evaluation will be based on the following criteria:
Validation (Is the solution validated? How many users have tested the concept? How much have they improved after the survey?)
Team (Does the team have quality human capital? Does everyone in the team perform the tasks? Does the team build synergistic effect? Is the team multidisciplinary and complementary? Does the team have both a hipster and a hustler and a hacker?)
Execution (Does the team have a prototype ready? How developed is the solution? Can the solution be marketed immediately? How many upgrades are needed?)
* The final result is determined by the mean of these three criteria.
- The prize for the first team is participation at the Insurtech Skopje event, and the prize for the top three teams is a cash prize of 15.000 denars.
-> First place – 15.000MKD + participation in the Insurtech Skopje conference’s Pitching Session (First place here gets 60.000MKD).
-> Two more teams have the chance to get 15.000MKD per team.
- By registering and participating in this Insurhack, the participants agree to these Terms and Conditions:
Agree to these terms and conditions and will respect them in full;
Agree that the decisions of the Trial Panel, selected by the organizers, are final and binding on the choice of award;
Agree not to use or promote offensive statements, obscene, or (any) other illicit material in their prototypes;
Agree to send CVs to all participants in the application process. Agree that CVs should be shared with event sponsors;
Agree that their participation in Insurhack will not violate any of the obligations of confidentiality or contractual rights of any third party and that their participation does not violate any law, agreement or regulation;
They agree that their pictures of the event be published for promotional purposes.
- These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of the Republic of North Macedonia. The Skopje Courts have sole jurisdiction to hear any dispute or claim arising in connection with the Insurhack or these Terms and Conditions.